Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

Hopefully, dad will like his new home. An apartment is a memory care unit at an Assisted Living called Emeritus. It's in G'ville, right down the street from Michael. Lots better than the nursing home where he has been this last month. I'll miss being able to visit, but moving him to Shreveport when he really is out of it and often agitated seemed like a lot. It's not like he would really relish the grandkids. I'm sure they'd cheer him up once in a while, but other times they'd probably overwhelm him . . . and it's not as if he really knows who they are these days.

Anya is now 11 months. Went for a check up on 5/24. She was 17lbs 5oz, 28 1/4 inches, and her head was 17 3/4. She is definitely saying mama now-- and means me. "Mamamama" when she wants milk. She will point to her boca and blubber. She pulls up and walks holding onto furniture since 6/1. We're now waiting for walking. She started getting her 2 upper teeth around 5/27 and now they are clearly descending. I love it when she laughs and gets excited: He He, He He. And she likes to box my face with both hands. Boy can she cry loud when she wants attention.

Milena opened some Ariel underwear on her birthday on 6/10, and Natalya immediately took an interest. At the dinner table she announced that she was taking off her diaper and would now put on underwear. She wasn't kidding. She changed and immediately took charge of her potty training. Basically, she's now trained. After 3 years and 5 months, it was about time! She likes her T shirt-- I love mama's milk. She's very cute when she talks lately-- uses her instead of she as a subject pronoun. "Her is sleeping." I won't correct her too much; I know this phase too will pass all too quickly.

Milena and Alexander are taken up with Kung Foo Panda. I like when they call Anya "Little Master" in their pseudo Asian accents.

When I told Alexander I needed more money to buy him something and asked him where he thought money came from he just said--- go get your other purse!

No comments: