Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

What a day, what a week.  I am really happy to have just learned that my HPT was positive.  Now, I do not know how long this pregnancy will last or if there is even the makings of a baby in the sac.  Is there even a sac at this point (2 weeks past O)?  I am just excited to know that the egg and sperm met and did something.  I convinced my husband to try for one last baby a few months ago, and twice AF came, so I was beginning to think we were just too old.  We actually are too old, but apparently even old people can conceive without a RE. So Feb 13-14 was the day things finally worked --- unless they worked in late December too.  My Jan cycle started a couple days later than I would've expected, so that may have been a chemical.  That is why I decided to test today rather than wait until Monday or Tuesday when I would be sure I was + and just wanted to take the test for the heck of it.  I want to know if I have a chemical or not, not just suspect.


Today, I had my suspicions, but I really didn't know.  My PMS symptoms are close to my HPT symptoms, you know.  My face is rather clear, but I did get one pimple a couple days ago. I tried testing with OPKs and got what looked like a positive yesterday and the day before, but they were those 90% positives-- very dark, but were they really darker than the control?  The test took no time to read positive, so I know the hormone is there, but now we'll just have to see if little bean has the goods to really implant.  I hope honestly that it only takes if it has the potential to be normal and healthy, but we'll see what God has in store for us this time.  At least we conceived under a good sign-- Ricky's grandmother's yart zeit.  Ana was conceived on Ricky's dad's yartzeit.

More later!

At least now I don't have to keep running to the restroom to see if AF is here.  I've had cramps for 3 days and gas cramps for 6 or so-- a little odd, but could have been PMS.  Also, cramps starting at 12 dpo are not as convincing as those starting at 10 dpo (Milena, Natalya), but we'll see what happens.

No comments: