Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Are you OK, mom? Where are you? People have been writing short notes to me on FB all day. Sure it's not the most personal, but distributing my pain and getting little reassurances does help a little. Everywhere I look are signs of you-- presents, cards, notes, pictures, kid art ... Can't believe you will never speak back to me again. I know you'd like my hair with a cut-- not really, but yes really I remember how you always had to make our beds if we didn't, especially as adults. As kids we were trained too! Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due Together we are strong (Eccl 4-9) Joy Luck Club-- mom had best quality heart We've lost-- but considering all she shared over the years, we certainly keep so much of her, much more than we are even aware of--and that will sustain us, help us thrive So now your are with God. That I believe. You told me your biggest wish, after you died, would be that somehow you could speak to us here, inform us that you had landed, safe and sound. Even in your demise, you were looking for one more sermon. But you knew there is a maddening yet majestiv reason you cannot speak to us today, because if you could, we might not need faith. And faith is what yo uwere all about. I have to believe that you have melted back into His glory, your soul is like a returned favor, you are a star in his sky and a warm feeling in our hearts. We believe that you are with your forefathers, with your daughter, with your past, and at peace. THus says the Lord . . . I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you. Isaiah 38.5

No comments: