Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Notes for a eulogy

OK-- yes, mom was a saint. I could think of some faults-- could be judgmental. None of liked to hear she didn't approve of what we were doing-- how did she know we were doing it? how did she know it was the wrong path or action?

Really my mom had her act together. She was organized and neat. She knew where things were. She kept a very orderly home-- schedules, meal plans, etc.

She was artistic and creative.

She was a helpful proofreader.

She could even do home repairs.
She got us through school

Being a nurse she could take care of us when we were sick. Always made us feel better.

She was a good ear.

She made sure we had adventures-- let us get out in the world

She helped us do our best

She loved tradition and family--see all the pictures in our house!

I try, but I'm Maureen-- I look a little like Rita, I have a little Rita in me-- but I'm no Rita. AT my house, there are dishes in the sink, dusty cobwebs, pictures that don't hang straight, kids with messy hair-- and art project that definitely need someone else's assistance. I also don't have her look that got us kids to get in line and act right. I'm more of a pushover.

but I got to me a mommy too-- I work hard in my home and out of it too -- job and kids, no nanny, just like her, and I try my best to keep the traditions I learned from her-- and maybe even improve on some of them or at least add my own touch

No comments: